Tio Pepe: "Spanish/Mexican in Greenwich Village" Tio Pepe Tip by Dabs

Tio Pepe, New York City: 3 reviews and 3 photos

VT meeting at Tio Pepe
by Dabs

Julie (travelmad478) picked this for our small VT meeting on a Saturday night. Mark (acemj) and Tania (skye820) came in from Philadelphia and Chris (cjg1) joined us a little later in the evening.

The place was crowded but not overly loud, nicely decorated. We stayed for quite a while but the server never seemed to be rushing us.

Favorite Dish: Everything we tried was good but I especially enjoyed the paella, we started off with a bunch of tapas-chicken quesadillas, caracoles Tio Pepe (escargot), pulpo a la Gallega (octopus), chorizo and gambas al ajillo (shrimp), followed by an order of paella valencia (saffron rice dish with seafood and chicken) for two and chiles rellenos accompanied by a couple of pitchers of sangria. Even with all this food and drinks the bill came to only $35 per person.

I couldn't get the menu to load off their website, but I could from here

Although most of what we tried was Spanish, Tio Pepe also has many Mexican dishes.

In the photo (courtesy of acemj) from left to right: Chris (cjg1), Julie (travelmad478), me, Mark (acemj) and Tania (skye820)

Address: 168 W. 4th
Rating: 4
Theme: Mexican
Website: http://www.tiopepenyc.com/

• Updated Jan 17, 2005

Comments

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to New York City?