"No ACRONYMS nor ABBREVIATIONS, please!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Caracas Local Custom Tip by carolinaEspada

Caracas Local Customs: 82 reviews and 87 photos

by carolinaEspada

Please... por favor... if you are planning to write in English to a venezuelan, please undestand that is very difficult for us to follow your acronyms or abbreviations. Your UFO is our OVNI (Objeto Volador No Identificado), so if you start writting about UFOS we might get lost in translation.

Of couse we know what the F.B.I is, or the C.I.A... and SOS (Save Our Souls) and Tip (To Improve Prompteness)... but when you start writing: BTW ASAP BLT ID ER many of us, Spanish speakers and readers, get really lost. For example: the first time I saw: "lol" I started saying, readding, repeatting: lol... lol.. lol... (as in LOL-ipop... LOL). No idea. When I found out, I coundent believe that that meant Lot of Laughs. That is not funny at all: lol. Lots of laughs should be: HahhhHAHhahahHAhahAhhhaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Then Ive been surprised with two expressions: AFGO and
Craft Syndrome. The fist one means Another F...g Growth Opportunity. And the second: Cant Remember a F...g Thing.

Believe me, undestanding these "lmnops" of yours is quite difficult.

Post scriptum

Thank you Gillian and Chancay for telling me how to say the word "siglas" in English: acronyms.

• Updated Jan 13, 2005

carolinaEspada Lives Here!

“Sooner or later I will be back to VT. First I have to upgrade my computer. I cant read your emails, nor "forum"...”

Have you been to Caracas?