"Cheap hostel (now I know why)" Hostal Levante Tip by Vinute

Hostal Levante, Barcelona: 306 reviews and 14 photos

We (2 people) lived in double bed room with shared facilities: shower and toilet in corridor. The woman's in the reception English language was very very bad. She talked in Spanish and showed things with hands. So, it was not interesting and less information.
Room was very small. 1 double bed, 1 table, 1 chair and wardrobe in 2,5 x 2,5m room. The view from window was very bad. Like in well. The view to the next wall.
So, now I understand why this hotel is so much noisy. Because you live like in well and every sound has good accoustic. I sleep in bed and I hear how somebody cough in the WC (another end of corridor), or sing in the shower, how doors are opened and etc. It is terrible!
It was lucky that the summer season was over (my date was November 04-08) and no many people lived there. So, I can imagine about noises in active season!! :)
Rooms and bathroom are clean. The location is near the center - La Rambla street, Gothic. Living price is not high - 40 eur per room. But the next time, I wanted to choose another hotel. To try:) because it was the first.

Unique Qualities: Advantages: low price, clean rooms, good shower, safe place, center location (La Rambla, Gothic).
Disadvantages: very noisy!!! sometimes lift not working, bad English speaking in reception.

Address: Ba‘xada de Sant Miguel, 2, , Barcelona, Catalunya
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 34933179565
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hostallevante.com/

• Updated Jan 12, 2005

“More to see”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Barcelona?