Quang An: "An walk on the wild side" Hanoi Restaurant Tip by jenniferchin

Hanoi Restaurants: 492 reviews and 571 photos

yummy !!
by jenniferchin

My first night in Hanoi and I was hungry. Somehow I was a little intimidated by the locals that evening and was not bold enough to gather round with the locals for dinner. So I trooped around the crowded Old Quarter area.

Then I saw this sign that said RESTAURANT inside. This was housed in a small pre-war double storey terrace houses. But the signage looked bright and inviting. Intrigued, I followed the instructions of "Restaurant behind" and "Please walk upstairs". I had walked into somebody's house !! I felt like an intruder. The lady however, greeted me and gave me a big smile and ushered me to the 'restaurant' at the back portion of the 1st floor.

Wow ... the food there is a fushion mixture of local and french. Prices there was on the high side compared to the stall food downstairs but I guess would be very reasonable if one had gone to a restaurant.

Favorite Dish: I ordered a plate of fried vegetables and a plate of meat springrolls. I was persuaded to try the house speciality of Baked Crab. I agreed as I was totally charmed by this little discovery of mind. And of course, my ice coffee :-)

As I could not finish all the food, I packed the springrolls for supper later :-))

Comparison: about average
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Jan 10, 2005

Comments

jenniferchin

“Travel travel .. always travel :-)) Change is indeed GOOD !”

Have you been to Hanoi?