"Cashing certified cheques, what a laugh..." Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Warnings Or Dangers Tip by mapakettle
Padova Warnings and Dangers: 21 reviews and 17 photos
Well, back to the subject of banks in Italy. I admit I am not a big fan. People in Canada often hated the idea of walking into a bank, because banks can feel oppresive, stodgy, over whelming. Ha, try an Italian bank.
Anyway, we received a Certified Cheque from a major bank in Canada, in American funds. The Canadian Bank assurred the sender that all banks in Europe accept a Certified Cheque, because after all, it is guaranteed.
Upon presentation, the clerk frowned, shook his head, pushed it back. If we had an account at this particular branch, they would accept it, but hold it for a minimum of forty days, before depositing it to our account. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. The banker claims it takes that long for a cheque to clear. Sorry!!
More Warnings and Dangers in Padova (13)
More Reviews (80)
- See All This is the worst ever...!!!
- See All Need a travel agent for Italy?
- See All Caffetteria Manin
- See All A Church built of straw...well wheat...
- See All Local Police Station
- See All A Jewel hidden in backstreets of the...
- See All Doors open the WRONG way..or is it the...
- See All Looks like rain...
- Bathrooms, wonderful inventions in time...
- See All Actually, we go Saturday afternoon....
- Dare I say it.......?
Been to Padova?Share your travels with the world!
mapakettle's Related Pages
Have you been to Padova?Share Your Travels