"Definitely NOT must buys ..." Munich Tourist Trap Tip by claudia1975
Munich Tourist Traps: 63 reviews and 51 photos
Nowadays hardly any Bavarian wears the funny grey hats they sell in some tourist stores. Furthermore, people drink their beer from glasses and usually don’t use the heavy ceramic steins with a silver lid on the top. These are typical tourist souvenirs, which are not necessarily a must-buy.
Unique Suggestions: Wear the hat where nobody can see you.... ;-)
Drink your beer from the stein, but don't tell your friends at home that Germans drink their beer like that...
Also the rumor that Germans drink their beer heated is WRONG ....
Fun Alternatives: Good Munich souvenirs (in my opinion):
- go to the Alps, day-hike and take some beautiful pictures
- local cheese, liquor and hard saussages are good also
- if you happen to go to the monastery of Andechs: they sell a six-rack of beer bottles, self brewed by the monchs and every bottle contains a different kind
More Tourist Traps in Munich (1)
More Reviews (48)
- Maybe a no-go at night
- See All Summary of Must's and no Must's
- See All A great little breakfast cafe
- See All IKEA - furniture and more ...
- See All Blade Night Munich
claudia1975's Related Pages
Have you been to Munich?Share Your Travels