"Haunted Prague" Prague Favorite Tip by jolsen05

Prague Favorites: 759 reviews and 977 photos

Mike is my someone special
by jolsen05

Favorite thing: If you spend time in Prague, you may encounter a spiritual element to the city. I first realized such a thing existed when I began to have dreams about the city. These were vivid dreams involving places I had been, as well as places around the city I'd never been to, but somehow recalled. The city is thought to be haunted, plain and simple. Franz Kafka knows better than anyone about haunted Prague, as he eventually went semi-insane writing novels in dark cafes. Prague can change a person--arguably for the better. You will always want to return, and leaving the city is always difficult. Just recently I bought a new plane ticket and flew through two cities back to London just to stay and chat with a girl for one more day in the Old Town. A very irrational decision to someone who's never been there.

Fondest memory: When I think of Prague, I miss watching the sun go down on Old Town square, followed by an evening of bar hopping. If you have someone special with you, walking the streets of Old Town must be as romantic as any place on earth.

• Written Jan 8, 2005

Comments

jolsen05

“So many countries, so little time :(”

Have you been to Prague?