VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"5 star rating, but mediocre service" Hilton Hanoi Opera Tip by zizland

Hilton Hanoi Opera, Hanoi: 1,947 reviews and 7 photos

The hotel is quite lovely to look at - although the decor in the room could use some toning down. The rooms in the normal section have a red/green motif that is a bit strong. On the executive floors it seems to be a bit more sedate.

Overall, the hotel is nice from a physical standpoint. However the service is mediocre and not what I would expect from a 5 star hotel. For one of my stays, I was unable to use the shower - which is, frankly, a primary motivator to stay at such an expensive hotel.

Management's response to my comments were not very satisfying. I'd recommend this place if you can get a good rate - I found one quote for $60 US. But at the normal rates ($100), I'd recommend the Sofitel, Sheraton or another one of Hanoi's luxury properties.

Unique Qualities: Nice view of the Opera house. Good location. Impressive lobby.

Address: 1 Le Thanh Tong Street, Hanoi null
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Located close to the Old Quarter.
Phone: +84 49330500
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hilton.com

• Updated Jan 7, 2005

Comments

zizland

“soul-less corporate drone”