"Are You Ready For Some Football?" Top 5 Page for this destination Superdome Tip by grandmaR
Superdome, New Orleans: 6 reviews and 10 photos
We saw the Superdome on the way in from the airport, and of course when we took the New Orleans tour, they mentioned it again. On their website, I thought that it looked like a giant hamburger all lit up at night. If I were a real sports fan, that probably would not have occurred to me.
They used to have tours of the Superdome but since 9-11 they no longer do that. Also our visit was BEFORE Hurricane Katrina made the Superdome infamous. After Katrina it was rebuilt and reopened in 2006. Currently scheduled are
Battle of the Bands and Greek Show
Friday, Nov 27 2009 7:00 PM (cst)
State Farm Bayou Classic Saturday, Nov 28 2009 1:00 PM (cst)
Saints vs. New England Patriots
Monday, Nov 30 2009 7:30 PM (cst)
LHSAA State Farm Prep Classic Football State Championships Dec 11-12, 2009
Major Sports Events
* New Orleans Saints (NFL Football).
* NOKIA Sugar Bowl Football Classic.
* Tulane University (NCAA Division I Football).
* Bayou Classic Football (Grambling State and Southern University).
* Nokia Sugar Bowl Prep Classic (LHSAA Football Championships).
* Super Bowls XII (1978), XV (1981), XX (1986), XXIV (1990), XXXI (1997) & XXXVI (2002).
* NCAA Basketball Final Four (1982, 1987, 1993, 2003).
* NCAA Basketball, Division I Regionals (1981, 1990, 1999, 2001).
* Southeastern Conference (SEC) Basketball Tournament (1996, 2003).
* New Orleans Bowl (Sun Belt Champion vs. Conf. USA)
ANNUAL SUPERDOME EVENTS
* Endymion Extravaganza Mardi Gras Parade and Party.
* Essence Music Festival.
* Louisiana Sportsmen Show.
* New Orleans Home & Garden Show.
* New Orleans Auto Show.
* U.S. Hot Rod Assn. Grand Slam Motor Jam.
* Indoor Super Fair.
* Kids Fair & Expo.
* New Orleans Boat & Sport Fishing Show.
* Times-Picayune Doll & Toy Fund Distribution.
* LA Bike Expo
* Mardi Gras Marathon
Address: Superbowl Drive
Directions: From Interstate 10, coming from the East:
Take the Orleans Avenue exit,
Turn left on Orleans and follow it across Canal Street where Orleans becomes Loyola Avenue,
Proceed to Girod Street, Turn right and follow Girod to the Superdome.
Phone: box office (504) 587-3822
More Things to Do in New Orleans (44)
More Reviews (133)
- See All J. J. Audubon Boat Trip
- See All Old Postcards
- See All Cajun Chicken
- See All City Park
- Pick Your Tours Carefully
- See All Streetcars in the Neutral Ground
grandmaR's Related Pages
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels