"Doswell - Eiffel Tower and theme park" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Off The Beaten Path Tip by matcrazy1
Virginia Off The Beaten Path: 97 reviews and 264 photos
We drove I-95 from Richmond towards Mount Vernon and Washington DC. On the way, in Doswell, we took exit 98 to SR-30 East, 23 miles (37 km) north of Richmond (and 75 miles, 121 km before Mount Vernon), to fuel up the car and we saw the tower on my picture. Nat told us that it's Eiffel Tower of King's Dominion, large theme park run by Paramounts which was closed that day. Well, I would rather not visit it but if you like and travel with kids...
King's Dominion is open daily from June to August and in some days (weekends, holidays) during April, May, September and October. Check the schedule here and ticket price here.
The Eiffel Tower offers elevator trip to a 275-foot-high platform with a view of the surrounding area. Apart from Water Park, King's Dominion offers numerous attractions both for kids and for adults including a few roller coaster rides, the largest drop ride in North America (272-foot = 84 m descent at 72 miles-per-hour, 116 km/h) and the only compressed-air launch coaster in the United States.
CLOSE TO MOUNT VERNON
1. Woodlawn Plantation in Alexandria, Virginia, 3.5 mi (5.5 km) west of Mount Vernon Estate, known for an exceptional rose garden (March - December: daily tours);
2. Guston Hall Plantation in Mason Neck, Virginia, 12 mi (19 km) southwest of Mount Vernon Estate: a 19th century manor house, the home of George Mason one of the drafters of the Declaration of Independence (tours of the house and grounds).
Well, if I have more time...
othercontact: Fax: +1 (804) 876-5864
Phone: +1 (804) 876-5000
More Off The Beaten Path in Virginia (26)
More Reviews (123)
- See All Squirrels downtown
- See All Pulaski - County Courthouse
- See All The worst food + drink and drive :-)
- See All Southern hospitality under $50!
- See All Arlington - Books exclusively on women
- See All Virginia makes great ham!
- Go for a hike!
- As usual + more films/memory cards
- See All For coming to the USA first time :-)
- No specifically Virginian tourist trap...
- See All In Virginian bed :-)
- See All Waynesboro - Great soup for only $0.99!
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Virginia?Share Your Travels