"Exchange rates!" Top 5 Page for this destination Nice Warnings Or Dangers Tip by NiceLife
Nice Warnings and Dangers: 97 reviews and 77 photos
For many months now the decline of the exchange value of the US dollar - to do with its relationship with the Japanese yen and other South East Asian curencies - has pushed up the value of the Euro for no earthly good reason. European economies are - lets face it - nothing to shout about, but the falling dollar is dragging currencies like British sterling down with it. This charts the decine in the purchasing power of my GB Pound against the Euro. Thanks guys. Sort yourselves out!
My prefered site to track the value of the Euro is X-rates which gives you a good three month daily picture. You won't get this actual rate of course - its the central bank rate for large commercial transactions, but knock a few percent off to get the high street tourist picture. Its customisable to whatever currency you want, and there is a friendly daily email service to tell you what the value is every day. Invaluable.
Tip: don't waste even more money changing at the airport. They offer the worst rates you are likely to find. You will do better taking money out of the French hole-in-the-wall machines through your debit card.
15th June 2005
The French "No" vote against the European Constitution" has completely reversed currency trends. GBP Sterling just crossed 1,50 - amazing good news for Tourists!
More Warnings and Dangers in Nice (25)
More Reviews (164)
- See All New bus tariffs from May 3rd, 2013
- See All Promenades des Anglais (2005) Olivier...
- See All At last - beer at sensible prices - with...
- See All One final "thing to do" - do nothing!
- See All Why shopkeepers are suspicious of you
- See All Love to walk in the sky? :Grande...
- See All Temperature around the year in Nice
- See All Well recommended by the many Scots...
- See All Power-assisted para-flying thingumy
- See All Where to see big French and...
- See All Nice Etoile
- See All You came here to get away from this, no?
NiceLife's Related Pages
Have you been to Nice?Share Your Travels