Not Sure of the Name: "Another Live Octopus Place" Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Restaurant Tip by jburron
Seoul Restaurants: 374 reviews and 602 photos
There was another 산낙지/san-nak-ji (live, small octopus) place down the road from here that I frequented, but-alas-it changed to a pig or cow intestine grilling spot.
Anyways, you'll know it from its aquariums outside the door--they are teaming with little octopus. They are served cut up (and wriggling) on a platter with sesame oil on the side (for dipping). Chopsticks are best for eating these...just grab a portion (the thinner ends are easiest to chew), dip it and throw it in. (Hey, at least these ones are cut up, unlike some.)
산낙지 story here
Address: Near Hap-jeong Station (line 6)
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: From the south-west corner of the intersection go down a little, downhill street that runs diagonally from the intersection. Walk down it a ways; pass 'Boss' club on the way; it's on the left with tanks in front. I'll get better directions next time.
More Restaurants in Seoul (48)
More Reviews (83)
- See All You May Be Late For Your Meeting
- See All Buxom Ladies Take Note
- See All Buying a Custom Suit (In Itaewon)
- See All Drop Some Bombs!
- See All Seoul: The City of Protests
- See All Charge Your Phone Anywhere (Almost)
- See All Sucky Singing Room in Yeouido
- See All Good Price, unreal TV
- See All Lots of Bikes for Rent
- Hong-Ik University Flea/Free Market
- Achasan = Missed Chance Mountain?
- See All Foreign Fortune Tellers
jburron's Related Pages
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels