"Dahlem Dorf Indian and East Asian art museums" Museum für Asiatische Kunst - Museum of Asian Art Tip by miromi
Museum für Asiatische Kunst - Museum of Asian Art, Berlin: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Journeying to this Museum is like going to another world, not just the far East but seeing prosperous West Berlin. it's a weird place full of preppy Germans driving expensive cars and bourgeois beer gardens, but enough of that: this Museum has a respectable collection of the Asian arts, although the African art is somehow placed into the Ethnological Museum building. Isn't art art, not just ethnology? Oh well. Germans have a passionate history of exploration of other cultures, and these museums sometimes examine the German fascination for the exotic as much as the art itself. The African masks deeply influenced many German Expressionists in the 1920s, for example. Bring a book because it's a long haul out there!
Address: Takustraße 40
Directions: U Dahlem Dorf (southwest Berlin)
Phone: 030 - 8301 382
More Things to Do in Berlin (14)
More Reviews (62)
- See All a Turkish mosque!
- See All an elegant hostel in Kreuzberg SO 36
- See All nightlife and culture guides in English
- See All Rotkäppchen sekt
- See All cozy used English books and cozier...
- See All buy happily!
- See All Karneval der Kulturen (end of May -...
- See All buying water
- See All german police men
- See All badeschiff - pool in the spree
- See All starcar: the cheapest car rental in...
- Packing List
miromi's Related Pages
Have you been to Berlin?Share Your Travels