"BAILOTERAPIA" Top 5 Page for this destination Caracas Local Custom Tip by carolinaEspada

Caracas Local Customs: 82 reviews and 87 photos

Dancing the "Sacusá" with enthusiasm!!!
by carolinaEspada

Baile = dance. Terapia = therapy. Bailoterapia = dance therapy.

In Venezuela we love to dance no matter what: from caribbean rythms such as salsa, mambo, rumba, guaguancó, merengue, son, perico ripiao,bachata, danzón, conga, chachachá, bugalú, cumbia, porro, etc... to dances from any other country: samba from Brasil, tango from Argentina, waltz from Austria, flamenco from Spain, etc.etc.etc.

In gyms, dancing schools, and parks (on the weekends) you can find a bailotherapist (a man or a woman), dancing boneless and with rythm and energy.

And there we are, trying to do the same steps and succeding.

In 2004 I went to two parties where a bailotherapist was hired. On the first party: 2 hours dancing with a gay professor and the men in the party (ooohhh sooo machos) backed up inmediately.

Actions were taken and, on the following party, the teaching services of the young lady in jeans and black long hair (in the picture) were hired. Within 5 minutes all of the men came to dance. In this picture you can only see Juan Francisco "El Pollo" ("The Chicken") who -with or with our rythm- will dance no matter what. We spent 4 hours dancing. Next day our eyelashes didnt hurt... but everything else...!!!

• Updated Jan 4, 2005

Comments

carolinaEspada Lives Here!

carolinaEspada

“Sooner or later I will be back to VT. First I have to upgrade my computer. I cant read your emails, nor "forum"...”

Have you been to Caracas?