"A good morning" Alesjaure Things to Do Tip by sim1

Alesjaure Things to Do: 19 reviews and 26 photos

A last look back: the Mountain Hut at Rádunjárga
by sim1

We wake up with grey skies, but the rain of the previous evening has blown over and I sense that this might become a nice sunny day. For now there is still this chill in the air and the sky is grey, but I don't really care. We are on a dream spot and I just love it here so much.

The Mountain Hut at Rádunjárga is located on such a wonderful place; right at the lake, beside a little stream. The mountains are surrounding us and there is this quietness, peacefulness which gives this strange sensation of inner peace and happiness..... sigh, it is so hard to explain in just a few words....

Some birds fly around playfully, the air smells fresh and green. I hear the sound of the little stream beside our shelter, and in the distance I hear the more thunderous sound of the waterfall on the other side of the lake. And maybe more intriguing is the sound of 'nothing'. No people, no cars, not even in the very distance, as a mumble in the background.... just nothing; nothing besides wonderful nature sounds surrounding me.

Soon I am going to say goodbye to all this. And right here, at this very moment I also realize how much I love it here in the Fjällen. A special place, a place where the mind comes to ease, one can think again, clear in the head. It is also a place where you realize how huge nature is, and how small you are. There is nothing out there, just you, your partner and the immense beautiful nature.

I wash myself at the cold stream beside the shelter, brrrr, such cold water! It is melting water of the snow from the mountains. But luckily I have some warm water boiled on the fireplace with me, which makes this into a luxury experience. Strange how quickly you get used to primitive circumstances. I do miss my electricity,and my tap with running warm water, but on the other hand..... I guess I just don't miss it all. It feels good, it feel right to be here without all that.

• Updated Nov 12, 2005

Comments

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Have you been to Alesjaure?