"The tepee" Alesjaure Things to Do Tip by sim1

The tepee

The tepee
      Overlooking the lake at Alesjaure
    by sim1

Only a short hike from our shelter we come across this strange looking tepee at the lakeside. This tepee is a shelter for the people that want to cross the lake by boat and shortcut the hike to Alesjaure by about 7 kilometres. The boat only goes a couple of times a day, and this tepee-shaped shelter makes the waiting more bearable on those rainy and windy days. Most people hike from Abiskojaure to Alesjaure in one day and being able to shortcut this rather long hike is a great solution for many.

I thought of doing this, especially yesterday evening when I was feeling so tired and stiff in my whole body. But this morning I just smile, look at the tepee and think... nooooo! I am here to hike, to enjoy nature in a different way, take it slow and easy and breathe in and absorb all I see on my way. Coincidence brings that the boat just arrives to pick up a passenger when we are at the tepee. They look at us and shout from the boat...... "do you want to come along?" "Nooo", we shout back, while shaking our heads. We wave and they wave back, and only seconds after that the boat whizzes off in the distance.

There, right ahead, at the end of the lake is our end destination for the day: The Mountain Hut of Alesjaure. We could have been there in 10 minutes by boat; we opt to hike there instead, which will probably take us a few hours to do. "Come, let?s go" we say to each other. Another smile, we feel happy....

• Updated Sep 18, 2005

Comments

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Have you been to Alesjaure?