"Drop Some Bombs!" Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Things to Do Tip by jburron
Seoul Things to Do: 1,027 reviews and 2,145 photos
For Koreans nothing is enough unless it's done to excess. So why should drinking be any different. It seems to test each other's fortitude Koreans (men, usually, but you'd be surprised!) like to down what's called a 폭탄주/pok-tan-joo (pok-tan is bomb, joo means liquor).
Basically, it's a glass of beer with what we'd call a depth-charge dropped in it of whisky or soju. Let me tell you that 4-8 of these and not many would be standing--especially since this is not the only drinking you'd be doing all night. Koreans usually have 3-4 kinds of alcohol (beer, soju, whisky, mixed drinks, maybe wine) in an evening...all in rather copious quantities.
Have fun, and take a cab home (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Directions: Any bar or restaurant that serves beer and either whiskey or soju (in other words, ANY PLACE IN KOREA).
More Reviews (118)
- See All You May Be Late For Your Meeting
- See All Buxom Ladies Take Note
- See All Another Live Octopus Place
- See All Buying a Custom Suit (In Itaewon)
- See All Seoul: The City of Protests
- See All Charge Your Phone Anywhere (Almost)
- See All Sucky Singing Room in Yeouido
- See All Good Price, unreal TV
- See All Lots of Bikes for Rent
- Hong-Ik University Flea/Free Market
- Achasan = Missed Chance Mountain?
- See All Foreign Fortune Tellers
jburron's Related Pages
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels