"Seoul: The City of Protests" Top 5 Page for this destination Protests Tip by jburron
Protests, Seoul: 6 reviews and 8 photos
I was thinking of putting this in Local Customs, because I have yet to hear of anything dangerous about these, but I guess a warning is warranted as I was caught in one on one of my first trips to Seoul. We were taking a bus to downtown and one stopped our progress. We were about 10 minutes from the hotel but had to stay on the bus (I now know that Koreans are a little too self-conscious and we could have probably gotten out and walked).
Most protests just block the road for a while and I've never heard of a recent ones that ended in any real police action (although that did happen before). If you'd like to hear one take a listen to the Audioblog on this page.
The main places for protest are: Yeouido (near the politics/National Assembly) and downtown (especially near City Hall and Seoul Station). Everywhere else is pretty free of distubance.
More Warnings and Dangers in Seoul (4)
More Reviews (127)
- See All You May Be Late For Your Meeting
- See All Buxom Ladies Take Note
- See All Another Live Octopus Place
- See All Buying a Custom Suit (In Itaewon)
- See All Drop Some Bombs!
- See All Charge Your Phone Anywhere (Almost)
- See All Sucky Singing Room in Yeouido
- See All Good Price, unreal TV
- See All Lots of Bikes for Rent
- Hong-Ik University Flea/Free Market
- Achasan = Missed Chance Mountain?
- See All Foreign Fortune Tellers
jburron's Related Pages
Have you been to Seoul?Share Your Travels