NED KELLY'S LAST STAND: "THIS PLACE IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!" Dusk Till Dawn Tip by Amelei

Dusk Till Dawn, Hong Kong: 2 reviews and 1 photos

Performing Ned Kellies
by Amelei

NED KELLIES LAST STAND

What i remember of the food..... vague vague memories....

Oh look i just had the best time here! It was the highlight of my Hong Kong experience.

I was turning 21 and my father was turning 40 and we share a birthday in the same month so we decided to meet up......

I had gone to Hong Kong to do a gig with this Cantonese Jazz band (I'm a jazz and blues singer).

I went to Ned Kellies about 2 hours before hand to set up and to dine and have some yummy food before i got up to deliver the set.

Well well well.....I am sitting there in the corner of this underground, seeky smoky, somewhat bohemium jazz bar, on my own and up walks id say, 6 english guys.

In true form they came over to me straight away and ended up sitting down. They ordered drinks and ordered me one and we got talking about our adventures thus far.

I told them about why i was at this paticular bar and they asked for requests. Me being cheeky said 'For every request costs a drink...'

You can guess the ending.

I got up to perform after falling drunkedly asleep at the table (passed out cold) and the boys bought me up a stool to sit on - i mean i had to go through with it!

One of them literally carried me up and this jazz bar was packed out- there were people on the street sitting, just listening- it was amazing!!

I sang the first set well- drinks kept flowing.
By the second set i was really getting into it and so was the crowd- they were going nuts.
The english guys were dancing on tables the bar staff were dancing on the floor....... everyone was letting loose!!

2 years later i was home enjoying the hot xmas Australian weather and a package in the mail came. It was addressed to me. inside was a t-shirt all signed by the bar staff and band member. Turning it over were all the english boys who wrote ' Came back- couldnt keep away but the place is just not the same without you. Have a great Xmas.....'

Favorite Dish: The Tequila we snorted off the bar- ewww- Dont try it at home kiddies = messy

They have a whole range of Aussie dishes juicy pork sausages with mashed potatoes and onion gravy; beef stew; fish and chips; Australian sirloin steak; Irish stew; hamburgers; and cottage pie - the list goes in.

I know its not 'oriental' but if you can get past that you will have a grreat night- guarunteed!!

Address: 11A Ashley Rd Tsim Sha Tsui
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: 11A Ashley Rd Tsim Sha Tsui
Phone: 852/2376 0562
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Wine Bar/Wine Tasting

• Updated Dec 30, 2004

More Restaurants in Hong Kong (1)

Comments

Amelei

“I would rather regret the things i did do, than regret not doing them at all....”

Have you been to Hong Kong?