"The Tiki Village" Top 5 Page for this destination Moorea Favorite Tip by easyoar
Moorea Favorites: 31 reviews and 32 photos
Favorite thing: The Tiki Village Theatre is around PK31.
It puts on a show in the evenings that has Polynesian dancing, fire dancing, a Polynesian feast where you see them cooking the food too. See some of my Must See tips for these.
You are led to believe that the Polynesians there all live in the village, and perhaps they do. They certainly practice crafts like tattooing, carving etc there, and there is living accommodation there too.
Talking to some of the performing artists there, they had worked in Spain before in Port Aventura (now called Terra Mitica I think), as they have a Polynesian land there and have dancing etc going on.
Whilst the evening was excellent (although very pricey), the one thing that disappointed me at the end was when a French guy was introduced as the man who had made it all possible. Up to that point I had thought the Polynesians had set it all up themselves. It disappointed me somewhat.
More Reviews (34)
- See All Fruit sellers on the side of the road
- See All Batiks
- See All Spectacular Sunsets
- Hotel Hibiscus
- Don't Miss The Fresh Seafood!
- See All Fiery Castration
- See All The Polynesians invented tattooing
- Borrow canoes for free at the...
- See All Le Truck - a bus service around the...
- Try to bring everything you need!
- The Fruit Factory - seems to be...
Been to Moorea?Share your travels with the world!
easyoar's Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to Moorea?Share Your Travels
Latest Moorea hotel reviews
- Sofitel Moorea la Ora Beach Resort
- 483 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
- 771 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea
- 462 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Hotel Hibiscus
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Moorea Camping
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2013
- Hotel Les Tipaniers
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 19, 2013