"For art-lovers and torturers..." Villa Borghese Tip by Henrik_rrb

Villa Borghese, Rome: 78 reviews and 154 photos

Villa Borghese is problaby the most famous park in Rome. It?s quite close to the Piazza Spagna (the Spanish steps). It?s a huge green park, perfect for picnics it?s said, and where you also can visit the famous Gallery Borghese, an art-museum created by the cardinal Scipione Borghese, a nephew to the Pope Paul V.
There you can see statues and paintings of all different kinds, from artists like Raphael, Caravaggio and Gianlorenzo Bernini.

I?ve been there once, and although the pers? eh? girl.. I went there made it all totally worth it I can?t see myself going there again. But then I?m not the big art-lover neither?
It was the day after a huge party, and let?s only say that I wasn?t tip top the day after? After some discussion of what to do, I said ?why don?t we just take a walk around Rome?. She agreed ? and took me to Villa Borghese, on the other side of town?

Now, I?m been reading at other VT-pages that you?ll have to do a reservation up to some weeks before, for being allowed to enter the Galleria Borghese. Obviously this wasn?t the case this day, as they let us in without problem, although we had to wait for 1 ½ hour? A time that I spent by ordering a sandwich with, which I discovered later, spinach. Not my favourite? So, there I was, with a very bad hangover, an old spinach sandwich, and a guard who told us ?welcome in??

After two hours or torture (well, not really, but if it hadn?t been for this girl I?d never even thought about looking at that cra? eh?art!) I was finally let out, and could ran away for the closest pizzeria, which was just about 20 kilometers away? Have never been so close to death?

But, to be honest, there were of course things that even I liked. The roof paintings were really interesting, as some of the other paintings.
That I liked the paintings in the roof had by the way nothing to do with the fact that I could lie down when I was looking at them?

Address: Via Aldrovandi, Via Raimondi (2 entries), Via Pinciana (2 entries), Piazzale Sao Paulo, Piazzale Flaminio Square Cervantes, Rome Italy
Directions: The park itself, which we of course never looked much at, is 6 sq kilometers big, and there is also a famous zoo, which we, by the way, didn?t visit either?

No cameras were allowed in the galleria, so no photos.

Phone: +39 06 0608
Website: http://www.galleriaborghese.it

• Written Dec 27, 2004

“There is always a new place to see.”

Have you been to Rome?