"More about Coliseum" Colosseum Tip by Henrik_rrb

Colosseum, Rome: 496 reviews and 946 photos

Coliseum from the inside
by Henrik_rrb

First time I went to the arena I was just standing outside it, totally perplex of it?s beauty. It?s really hard to believe that so many people have been cruelty killed inside there. Every stone in the building seems to have been put there for a special reason, and it totally took my breath away to see the monument.
The feeling didn?t get less good when I returned on the night, only to find Coliseum up-lighted by hundreds of lamps. An amazing sight!

Unfortunately the chock made me forget to go inside it too, so I missed the next amazing view. It?s actually almost even more breathtaking from the inside.

So I had to make the trip again, and the next time in Rome I made sure to go inside. Not sure how much I paid, but it was quite cheap, around 7-8 euro if I?m not mistaken. Didn?t include a guided tour thought, since that would have cost around 15 euro instead. And I would have had to wait too, which I wasn?t interested in.

It?s possible to walk around the whole arena inside, as seen on the photos in the travelogue. Just walk around carefully, so that you don?t damage the building. Cause as the old saying from the 700s says: When Coliseum is falling - so is Rome. And when Rome is falling ? so is the world.

Phone: (+39) 06 39967700
Website: http://archeoroma.beniculturali.it/en/archaeological-site/colosseum

• Updated Apr 2, 2007

Comments

Henrik_rrb

“There is always a new place to see.”

Have you been to Rome?