"Take a train and visit Pompei,..." Day Trip to Pompeii Tip by JaumeBCN

Day Trip to Pompeii, Naples: 27 reviews and 37 photos

Take a train and visit Pompei, the ancient Roman city buried by the eruption of the Vesubio volcanus in the year 79 a.C. and discovered in the XVIIth century almost intact. Before going to Pompei I hadn't read much about it, so I didn't expect too much of that visit. When I visit Pompei I discovered a whole Roman city almost new. Most of the city is so well preserved that it's difficult not getting astonished. I though that I would see little pieces of houses, palaces, streets, temples?, like I am used to about visit Roman runes where I live in Catalonia, and then I saw complete structures. You can't miss a visit to Pompei, probably one of the most beautiful and large Romans ruins that exist. The Teatro Grande stands for me as one of the most beautiful buildings in Pompei although the Casa del Fauno, the Foro Civile, the Anfiteatro or the Via dell'Abbondanza are other sightseeings. It's better to go during the evening when it's not so hot although you will need minimum a couple of hours to see it properly. Remember to take some water and a cap or something to protect yourself from the sun.

Review Helpfulness: 1 out of 5 stars