"Get Here to Meet John Wayne !" Top 5 Page for this destination Orange Transportation Tip by marinarena
Orange Transportation: 14 reviews and 20 photos
Who said that John Wayne was dead? He's alive and thriving- well, not really. An airport named after the legendary cowboy actor is right next to Irvine. Officially, the airport is in Santa Ana but many think of it in Irvine and also in neighboring Costa Mesa. So, O.C. has a bit of old Hollywood mystique, even if it is just in a name.
Here's a tip-- If you are coming from within the U.S. and wanting to get directly to OC, skip the extremely busy, Los Angeles Int'l Airport (LAX) and find a flight to John Wayne (SNA)! Note that the flights are limited here. Flights actually stop in the mid-evening because of nearby OC communities desire to limit airplane noise. Also, at John Wayne, the take off flight patterns make a kind of loop over the ocean and this delays the straight path to the final destination point.
More Transportation in Orange (8)
More Reviews (90)
- See All Buy at Bookman
- See All Well Done Watson
- See All Discover a Very Local Museum: Hilbert
- See All Seek Out Soka Int'l Fest- Aliso Viejo,...
- See All Enjoy Vast Irvine Regional in Orange
- See All Check out Hidden Beauty of a City: Aliso...
- See All Get Happy at Burlesque Theme District
- See All Krave your Krispy Kreme still...
- See All Tip approx in OC
- See All Beware of Sinister Westminster- well...
- Catch Sports Stars and Stay at a...
Been to Orange?Share your travels with the world!
marinarena's Related Pages
Have you been to Orange?Share Your Travels