VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Stepho's Souvlaki Greek Taverna: "Food Mountain Served Up" Stepho's Souvlaki Greek Taverna Tip by aqazi

I think everyone in VanC has been to or has at least heard of Stephos. The portions are humoungous with food piled high. A went for the roast lamb which I think is one of the most popular items on the menu given that the chunk of meat takes around an hour to do justice, and then you have a mound of rice, salad, vegies, roast potatoes and pitta bread to contend with. This place is for the seriously hungry. My friend had the Souvlaki which look OK but I preferred my lamb. Would probably come again but be warned during hte evening there is usually a seriously long queue outside. We went in for a mid week lunch and were seated straight away. Naturally neither of us were having dessert or any supper for that matter!

Address: 1124 Davie Street, Vancouver
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: On the south side of Davie between Thurlow and Bute
Phone: (604) 683-2555
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Local
Website: http://eatingoutwell.com/en/vancouver/v/stepho-s-souvlaki-greek-taverna/

• Written Dec 23, 2004

Comments

aqazi Lives Here!

aqazi

“Take me with you!”

Have you been to Vancouver?