"A place to try Capoeira" Top 5 Page for this destination Rio de Janeiro Off The Beaten Path Tip by racheljapi
Rio de Janeiro Off The Beaten Path: 266 reviews and 288 photos
There are 2 main types of Capoeria: Angola and Regional. I have just started practicing Angola (a more controlled and slow moving version while Regional is faster and more aggressive). It is an amazing sport and fun to do. The movements aren't like anything I have ever done before. I highly recommend either watching a practice or Roda or joining in on a practice.
The group I meet with is very relaxed and everyone is entitled to a demo (free) class. It's located at Victory Academia in Laranjeiras. The address is Rua Conde de Baependi 71. Come by and check it out or locate one near you.
FYI: We have traditional Rodas every Saturday at 3pm. Everyone is welcome to watch
More Off The Beaten Path in Rio de Janeiro (6)
More Reviews (80)
- See All Espresso in Rio and/or a Salmon
- See All Guide to all sports activities in Rio!
- See All Botanical gardens
- See All Traveling to places close to Rio
- See All Shopping in miami
- See All Barra hotels...
- See All Getting to Rio by Plane
- See All General Weather patterns for major...
- See All Best Choppe and German Food
- See All Smoking something illegal on the beach
- Pack Light
Been to Rio de Janeiro?Share your travels with the world!
racheljapi's Related Pages
Have you been to Rio de Janeiro?Share Your Travels