"My best football related moment in Torino II" Miscellaneous Tip by Calcio

Miscellaneous, Torino: 20 reviews and 24 photos

Favorite thing: Since I prefer Torino before Juventus I must also count the first derby 2001/02 among the best memories from the city.

I had been in Rome the day before, where I saw Roma-Atalanta, and then took the night train to Torino, where I came at 7 o clock in the morning. Had big troubles to find a hotel with a room at that time of the day, but finally made it and I could sleep for a couple of hours.

At three the derby between Torino and Juventus started, and for the Torino-supporters it couldn't have gone worse. After the first half Juventus were 3-0 up...

But then something happened, which made the Torino-people, and also some journalist in the presstand, go crazy.

Torino started to play a fantastic football, and before someone had understood anything, they had equalised, 3-3.

Then... since they met Juventus, and Juventus always are favoured by the referees, of course Juventus got a penalty in the last minute... It just couldn't be true...

The chilean forward Marcelo Salas stepped forward - and drove the ball high over the goal!!

Just one minute later the game was over, and Torino had "won" with 3-3.

All the way back to the town every tram was full of singing Torino-supporters, amazing! :)

Website: http://www.comune.torino.it

• Written Dec 20, 2004

“There is always a new game to see”

Have you been to Torino?