"Official Team Stores" Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Shopping Tip by b1bob

United States of America Shopping: 91 reviews and 109 photos

Redskins Store/Mets Clubhouse
by b1bob

Some professional sporting teams in the United States have stores which sell only officially licenced team products. I do not know whether these stores (together with the shops at the stadium) have a monopoly on licenced products, but here is where you will find the majority of them. On enlarging the photo, you will see two examples of this. Note that neither team is among my favourites. In American football, I am a fan of the Carolina Panthers and in baseball I like the Atlanta Braves. On top is the Official Washington Redskins Store. There is one store in Washington, DC (Union Station as in the picture), one in suburban Maryland, six in Northern Virginia, and one as far south as Richmond. On the bottom is the (New York) Mets Club House. There are three in the city (all in Manhattan, I believe) plus the featured one at Menlo Park Mall in suburban Edison, New Jersey. Other teams may have these official stores, but I single out the first two examples I found.

Theme: Sporting Goods

• Updated Jun 17, 2006

Have you been to United States of America?