The Devonshire House: "Cosy Gastro Pub - West London" Top 5 Page for this destination The Devonshire - CLOSED Tip by sue_stone
The Devonshire - CLOSED, London: 3 reviews and 10 photos
The Devonshire House is an fabulous looking and very cosy gastro pub located off the main drag in Chiswick, West London.
We had a great dinner here with friends on a wet and cold winters night, but the couple of blazing fire places (ok, they were gas!) made it a very pleasant way to spend the evening....and made it difficult to want to brave the elements at the end of the night!
Service was friendly and efficient - though a little over-efficient at the start, but it was quiet when we go there.
Food was pretty good and reasonably priced and there was a large wine list.
Favorite Dish: What we ate:
* Smoked Salmon with warm buckwheat Blini
* Escalope of tuna with pommes ecrasses and tomato, basil and balsamic jus.
* Tranche of roast cod with Montbeliard sausage and butter bean stew.
* Daube of beef with pomme puree and some other accompaniments - this dish was a bit overcooked.
* Sticky toffee pudding with honeycomb ice cream - does it get any better than this!!
* Chocolate & Baileys roulade with fresh raspberries
* Steamed chocolate sponge with creme Anglaise
We had a selection of wines to compliment our meals.
A most delightful evening!!
Address: 126 Devonshire House Chiswick London W4 2JJ
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Nearest Tube: Turnham Green - about 10-12 minutes walk
Phone: 020 8987 2626
More Reviews (149)
- See All The Champagne Bar in St Pancras...
- See All Grocer on Elgin - in Notting Hill
- See All Museum of Brands, Packaging &...
- See All Guoman Charing Cross (previously the...
- See All Switched on London
- See All Getting to London City Airport
sue_stone's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels