"By car" Sri Lanka Transportation Tip by call_me_rhia

Sri Lanka Transportation: 198 reviews and 207 photos

sri lankan number plates
by call_me_rhia

The most comfortavle way to get around the country is by car - and because locals drive "asian-style" it's maybe better that you leave the driving to someone else It's not expensive the rent a car + driver: it costed us 40 dollars a day, per car. To rent one is easy: you'll find plenty of people at the airport's arrials offering you their services. Prices are more or less the same - what makes a difference is wether you want to pay for your own hotels and food (so that you get to decide where you're actually staying), or esle buy a package - in this case your driver takes you to the hotel of his choice. We wanted to have control over where we slept and we chose the first option - and never regretted it. As for the driver, it's a matter of luck: I have heard of people finding the best driver in the world; ours was not the case: he spent all his driving time trying to get us to stop here and there to buy souvenirs (which we really did not want) or else trying to get us to kandy one day in advance for some very special dances (which we did not care to see).

Mode: AROUND
Type: Car/Motor Home

• Written Dec 18, 2004

Comments

call_me_rhia

“... traveling is not a destination ...”

Have you been to Sri Lanka?