"Local customs to remember" Finland Local Custom Tip by sabsi
Finland Local Customs: 156 reviews and 110 photos
Hmmm where should I start, there are so many unique <b>Finnish things to remember</b>... OK...
1) Take your
<b>shoes</b> off when entering a flat!
2) Be aware that students love to wear <b>overalls</b> at parties...I never understood that tradition actually ;-)
3) There are <b>traffic lights</b> at the other side of the intersection. Don't (like me!) start wondering how on earth the drivers see the lights when they wait next to it ;-)
4) Remember that Finns don't <b>talk</b> a lot until you know them better!
5) Say <b>Kiitos</b> instead of Thank you and everyone will love it!
6) Most cafes are <b>self-service</b>.
7) My favourite cultural feature: Buy fresh <b>peas</b> at the market and eat them everywhere you go!
More Local Customs in Finland (3)
More Reviews (39)
- See All A cheap rental car
- See All Midsummer emptiness
- See All Another great cafe idea - Turku
- See All Juhannus - Midsummer
- Sports crazy
- Packing List
sabsi's Related Pages
Have you been to Finland?Share Your Travels