"My kids loved the Dolphin Experience" Dolphin Quest - Dockyard Tip by bmw10111

Dolphin Quest - Dockyard, Bermuda: 5 reviews and 10 photos

Dolphin Experience

We were in Bermuda in Oct 2003. We stayed at the Fairmont Princess Hotel. We had a a duplex suite overlooking the ocean with huge windows. The hotel is a bit worse for wear, but in general it was a nice stay. The hotel has it's own beach area which was very nice, but not very close by. As I was traveling with my two young four year olds, I was looking for something that we do that would be be exciting for them. I ran across a place called Dolphin Quest. So we placed a call, and the four of us took a car down to the facility.

Upon arrival we found that to be involved with the dolphins you had to be five years old. A quick pow-wow with my kids affirmed that for the day, they were in fact five years old. So we purchased the dolphin experience for four. Candidly, I was there for my kids, I did not expect to get all that much out of the experience. I was wrong. It was great! It was fairly private, by that I mean it was just the four of us and the trainer. Now there were about 30 people watching us from a distance of about 30 feet. The trainer took us through several training drills with the dolphins. We learned to give hand signals to make them jump out of the water, come to us, swim on their sides etc... The Dolphins were very gentle and friendly. We were given a bucket of small fish to feed them as rewards. This bucket seemed to make us very popular.

We did not swim with the Dolphins on this trip, as my sons were a bit too young.

The experience lasted about 30 mins. As I recall it was about $200 total. A fair amount of money, but well worth it in my opinion.

Address: Located on the water, at the old Fort.
Directions: In the Old Fort. Hamilton City
Phone: 441-238-8000
Website: http://www.dolphinquest.com/

• Written Dec 17, 2004

Comments

bmw10111

“Make no long term plans, except to enjoy & experience life.”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Bermuda?