"Bears" Top 5 Page for this destination Colorado Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Astrobuck
Colorado Warnings and Dangers: 63 reviews and 46 photos
Bears are very territorial animals and have a very keen sense of smell. What many people don't realize is the fact that whenever a bear tastes something, it always goes looking for more, and will stop at nothing to get it. If you should happen to walk upon a bear (heaven forbid), do the following:
1. Remain calm. You will be able to think more clearly.
2. DO NOT under any circumstances, run. If you run, a bear will view you as prey, and will chase you down.
3. When you hike, make pleny of noise. This will scare it. If you challenge the bear, it will see you as a threat.
4. If you are ever attacked by a bear, play dead. If you fight, the bear will become more aggressive. You will never win, so don't try it.
5. If you happen to stumble upon a bear cub, please leave. Momma Bear isn't far away, and will do anything to protect her young.
These tips are basic, but will help you.
More Reviews (109)
- See All Restaurant Divers
- See All Scenic Overlooks on I-70
- See All Mountain Resort with Hot Springs
- See All Cascade Falls
- See All Citadel Mall
- See All Colorado Springs Airport (COS)
Astrobuck's Related Pages
Have you been to Colorado?Share Your Travels