"Samuel Beckett's Quarters" Top 5 Page for this destination Literary Paris Tip by BeatChick
Literary Paris, Paris: 25 reviews and 45 photos
Samuel Beckett's Quarters
45 rue d'Ulm
École Normale Supérieure
At this site of the École Normale Supérieure is where the famous Irish playwright/author of Waiting for Godot, Samuel Beckett, lived as he served as James Joyce's personal (albeit unpaid) gofer/secretary during the Ulysses years & while he taught at the École.
Tragically, Joyce's cherished daughter, Lucia fell into an unrequited love for Beckett and went mad because of it.
Nearby is the Chapelle Val-du-Grâce and the residences of Man Ray & Thornton Wilder.
More Off The Beaten Path in Paris (85)
More Reviews (291)
- See All Musée de l'Orangerie - Nymphéas (Water...
- See All People Watching while Dining at the...
- See All Interactive Maps for Paris
- See All Hotels in Montmartre near Metro Stations
- See All Chromatic Bis
- See All Leaving Lost Belongings in an Obvious...
- See All Saving Money with Movie Passes
- See All Anthony Bourdain's Absinthe Bar!
- See All Gold Ring Scam
- See All Joggers in Paris
- See All Leather Boots of all Persuasions
- See All Kissing Oscar's Grave
BeatChick's Related Pages
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels