"Watch your pockets on Oxford Street." Top 5 Page for this destination Pickpockets, Beggars, Crime and Scams Tip by sourbugger
Pickpockets, Beggars, Crime and Scams, London: 142 reviews and 55 photos
If you've ever read Dickens or seen the musical 'Oliver!' then you will know that pickpocketing has been part of London life for a very long time.
Having said that, London does not have a pickpocketing problem on the scale of other major tourist destinations such as Barcelona, for example.
If it is going to happen anywhere, then it will happen on Oxford street. Despite CCTV cameras covering the place the crowds, the warren of streets off to the sides and the tangle of street furniture allow gangs of pickpocketers to operate with comparative freedom.
Keep your money well buried.
Alternatively use an old wallet and leave that in your pocket, with you money buried elsewhere. Then fill it with bits of paper, preferably with a rude message. If you are then pickpocketed, you can take great pleasure in imagining the look on their faces when the wallet is searched !
More Warnings and Dangers in London (22)
More Reviews (265)
- See All Museum of childhood
- See All Get 7 million pounds for free !
- See All WHAT A BARGAIN !!!
- See All Hampton court 1 : that famous maze.
- See All Who need's illegal drugs ?
- See All A mark of a civilised society
- See All Can we have our Skylon back please ?
- See All Just do as it says on the door.
- See All Fireman Sam Strikes again
- See All Sourbugger's guide to London's...
- See All Another tirade against the wax works...
- Why am I writing this ? I must be sad or...
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels