"We had a lovely dinner at a..." Restaurant La Legende SPRL Tip by Krystynn

Restaurant La Legende SPRL, Brussels: 1 reviews and 1 photos

We had a lovely dinner at a typical (<i>and quaint!</i>) Belgian eaterie called '<u>La Legende</u>' here at the Grand Place. (<i>see pic below</i>). The food was delicious and the price VERY reasonable - for where else can you find authentic Waterzooi (a fish dish topped with HUGE mussels and stewed with leeks in <i>bouillon</i>... with cream and egg yolks) for a mere 300 BEF?! However, their Pea Soup (90 BEF) tasted insipid.... and I promptly gave my portion away to one of my buddies.

Like Lyon and Paris (in France), Brussels is a gourmet paradise!

If you want to know where the best restaurants in Brussels are, may I humbly suggest that you consult the MICHELIN Guide for Restaurants in Belgium. <i>I swear by this guide all the time</i>!

To get the ball rolling, I'll make some brief suggestions on where you can head to for some memorable Belgian meals whilst you're here in the capital city.

(1) Around the ST CATHERINE SQUARE/FISHMARKET area, you can find numerous fish restaurants.

(2) In the ISLOT-SACRE area (near to the Grand Place), there are lots of 'tourist' restaurants.... like the one we went to for dinner.

Just remember, if you want to try out the BEST restaurants without paying through your nose for it, you MUST be prepared to leave the city center and take a cab to the suburbs.

A decent meal in a good restaurant in the suburbs should cost you around 1000 BEF (US$22) which isn't too bad <i>if you ask me</i>.

Address: Rue de l'Etuve 335, 1000 Ville de Bruxelles
Directions: Near Rue du Chêne
Phone: +32 2 512 64 17
Rating: 0
Theme: Other

Review Helpfulness: 1 out of 5 stars

• Updated Aug 24, 2002

“There is beauty everywhere. Just put your heart into your eyes”

Have you been to Brussels?