"Great View" Howard Johnson Express Plaza Tip by leebee1

Howard Johnson Express Plaza, Seattle: 3 reviews and 1 photos

View of Lake Union from balcony
by leebee1

We arrived in Seattle on a Saturday night with no accomodation. Apparently there had been some kind of boating competition, and evrything was booked out. We had to spend a night out of town, so the next day we went on an accomodation search!
This was one of the first hotels we pulled into, and didn't care to get a price because it looked a bit...yukky! So we drove round and round looking for somewhere that had vacancies within our price range. Eventually we came back to this place. I'm glad we did!
Although it looks quite old and well, yukky, on the outside, its actually nice inside!
The rooms are very large, and clean. If you get a top floor room, you will have a spectacular view. The staff are lovely.
There is a bus stop on the road right out front, to catch the bus to town took about 5 mins and was about $1.50.
I must say we got very comfortable here, and despite our first impressions, completely loved the hotel, and I for one felt sad when I left!!!

Unique Qualities: See the photo for the view we had from our room. I think we were in the first building on the 5th floor. Its a bit of a bummer though, as because they dont have lifts you will have to lug your luggage upstairs yourself. There is no laundry facilities but a laundromat is nearby. Honestly, for the money we saved in comparison to staying in downtown hotels, it was worth it. Its still very convenient, 5 min bus ride to downtown. I have no problems in recommending this hotel.
Also, I think it was formerly known as the Howard Jonston Hotel.

Address: 2500 Aurora Ave N, Seattle
Price Comparison: least expensive
Phone: 206 2841900
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Inn
Website: http://continental_plaza_seattle@yahoo.com

• Written Dec 8, 2004

More Hotels in Seattle (1)

Comments

Have you been to Seattle?