"Even more SIGHTSEEING. Some..." Schönbrunn Palace Tip by Krystynn
Schönbrunn Palace, Vienna: 305 reviews and 625 photos
Even more SIGHTSEEING.
Some other interesting things to do here in Vienna include:
1. Hanging out at <u>Hoher Markt</u>. And don't forget to keep an eye on the time because at 12 noon, the art nouveau '<u>Anker' Clock</u> will strike. And mind you, this is no ordinary clock. It boasts of a procession of life-size figures. Quite a spectacle in itself.
2. Check out the OLDEST church here in Vienna - the <u>St. Rupert's</u> built in the 8th century. Not kidding. From here, you can also catch a lovely glimpse of the <u>Danube Canal</u> and <u>Franz-Josefs-Kai</u>. Wow!
3. Go for a leisurely stroll across beautiful <u>Graben</u> with the baroque <i>Plague Column</i> or in the famous <u>Kärntner Strasse</u>. Both these places are lined with nice eclectic shops and cafés and street buskers playing at every other corner! :-))
4. Stroll to <u>Volksgarten Park</u> where the Art Nouveau memorial to Austria's most famous empress is a must-see for die-hard fans of 'Sisi'. <i>You?</i>
5. Some lovely and kewl streets in Vienna are also worth mentioning. You can explore these areas either during the day or in the evenings when it's much cooler. The streets/ areas that I'm mentioning are those found in the <b>First District</b>.... especially the 7th (<u>Spittelberg Quarter</u>) and the 8th @ <u>Josefstadt</u>.
Address: Schloß Schönbrunn, 1130 Wien
Directions: At Lichte Allee
Phone: +43 1 811 13-239
More Reviews (24)
- See All Don't miss world renowned...
- See All This is a photograph of the ...
- See All explore the entire Ringstraße...
- See All Here's a look at the different...
Krystynn's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels