"Batthyany Lajos permanent night-lamp" Top 5 Page for this destination Batthyany Ter Tip by MedioLatino
Batthyany Ter, Budapest: 9 reviews and 22 photos
Lajos Batthyany was the prime minister of the First Responsible Hungarian Government.
In 1905, the authorities of Budapest decided to build a memorial on the exact location where he was shot to death. The memorial, designed by Moricz Pogany, was built only after WW1, in 1926.
The "statue" is 180 cm high and a scarlet glass is holding the light inside.
Address: 5th district, Bathori utca
Directions: The memorial is in the junction of Bathori, Hold and Aulich street. You can access it walking from Kossuth ter (Parliament, M2 station Kossuth ter), from the Szabadsag ter, or walking from Arany Janos utca (M3 station) through Bank and then Hold street.
More Things to Do in Budapest (68)
More Reviews (204)
- See All Programs in the city
- See All Critical Mass
- See All Karpatia - Tradition, quality, a bit too...
- See All Old trams
- See All Bonnie & Clyde - Gangsta feeling :)
- See All Another hang out area :)
- See All Terebess - Exotic gitfs
- See All Iron stump - old message wall :)
- See All Meridien - Ex Police HQ turned into...
- See All Pigeons
- Nothing special...really! :)
Been to Budapest?Share your travels with the world!
MedioLatino's Related Pages
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels