"Americas little Switzerland" New Glarus by Herwig1961
New Glarus Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 92 photos
this lovely town was founded by emigrated Swiss people.And there are lot of places were you can find a cow,different paintings,color on them.It is a bit of a trademark here.
Loved to watch the changing of this meadows.And enjoyed the colors and different flowers.And absolutely loved to hike around this area.
- Pros:beautiful,small town,lovely state park and trails around
- In a nutshell:very relaxing
I loved to hike,walk around New Glarus and the state forrest.The prairieflowers will always be in my memory.Beautiful... more travel advice
No special place but reasonable with friendly owners.I have been there for 5months and enjoyed the stay. more travel advice
Herwig1961's Related Pages
New Glarus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Something (delightfully) Sour in New Glarus"
- "Americas little Switzerland"
- "Charming Swiss Immigrant Village"
- "Little Switzerland (Without the Mountains)"
- "Small town of Swis innigrants"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Glarus
- Hotels in New Glarus
- Transportation in New Glarus
- Restaurants in New Glarus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Glarus
- 6 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to New Glarus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Glarus
Photos in New GlarusSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Vancouver Intro, 17 reviews, 73 photos
- Tiantai Intro, 13 reviews, 66 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Long Beach Intro, 10 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jinja Intro, 13 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Geelong Intro, 7 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Weißenbach bei Liezen Intro, 8 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Piran Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hollywood Intro, 7 reviews, 36 photos
- New Glarus Intro, 6 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Houston Intro, 4 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue