"Kragujevac - My first VT member encounter" Top 5 Page for this destination Kragujevac by Andrew_W_K

Kragujevac Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 252 photos

Vladimir

I met Vladimir through VT. I travel to Serbia to see my friends and Vladimir is a Serbian guy. On my visit to Serbia in October 2009 Vladimir suggested I try and get down to Kragujevac and meet for a beer. Luckily my friend Sasa had to go there for business so I was able to come along and finally meet another VT member. I would have liked to have spent more time there but I'm sure I'll be back in the future. It was actually a double VT first as I was the first VT member (other than Irena, Vladimir's partner) that Vladimir has met.

Broken Wings

Two fleeting visits to Kragujevac have left me wanting to come back and explore the city properly. On my first visit in March 2009 I saw the memorial to the massacre in 1941 of around 7,000 people by the nazis as reprisals for German soldiers killed by Serbian forces. The monument, called broken wing, is a sombre reminder of the terror of naziism. Most of the victims were women and children.

• Last visit to Kragujevac: Oct 2009
  • Intro Updated Nov 24, 2009

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2010 at 3:00 AM

that crepe made for your wife sounds excellent! and great you could meet Vladimir and Irena!...I might have to follow in your footsteps!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2009 at 11:46 AM

Hello, Andrew! You have visited so many splendid places there.....Well done!

• Zvrlj's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Ha, you have started Kragujevac page :-D Great intro photo ;-) And you have made better Spynest photos than we did (being there million times :-)

Andrew_W_K

“Enjoy this trip and it is a trip. Countdown is progressing. Uno, Dos, Uno, Dos, Trez, Quatro”

Badges & Stats in Kragujevac

Have you been to Kragujevac?

Latest Activity in Kragujevac