"Tallinn" Tallinn by Andrew_W_K
Tallinn Travel Guide: 1,895 reviews and 5,387 photos
I visited Tallinn as a day trip when I was staying in Helsinki. As a day trip I really enjoyed it but I'm not sure I would choose Tallinn for a break as the old city is very compact and I don't think I'd find enough to keep me interested for 3 or 4 days.
Having said that it is a very picturesque old city and as mentioned earlier a great place for a day out.
Tallinn has been subjected to different rulers over the centuries and they have all left their mark on the city. None more so than the Russians. The Aleksandr Nevsky cathedral is testamont to that and one of the more impressive buildings the Russians left behind.
Everywhere you look in Tallinn there are signs of heavy investment and new building projects. Estonia has invested a lot into information technology and are fast gaining a reputation as world leaders in that field. The new city can be seen from the old one, all gleaming glass and steel while the old city itself has undergone a comprehensive makeover in recent years.
Anyway nothing sums up this contrast better than the photo of one of the most expensive and technically advanced cars in the world parked on the cobbles of the old city.
Andrew_W_K's Related Pages
Tallinn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A medieval marvel"
- "Shades of Grey"
- "Tallinn - A Great Mixture of the Old and the New"
- "Tallinn - medieval spirit city"
- "In the bleak midwinter ..."
- "Towers and tiles and spires and cobbles."
- "TALLINN ESTONIA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tallinn
- Hotels in Tallinn
- Transportation in Tallinn
- Nightlife in Tallinn
- Restaurants in Tallinn
- Shopping in Tallinn
- Warnings and Dangers in Tallinn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tallinn
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Tallinn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tallinn
Top 10 Pages
- Bridgnorth Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poitiers Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Birmingham Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Chester Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos