"Bridgnorth Shropshire" Bridgnorth by Andrew_W_K
Bridgnorth Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 142 photos
I've lived here for 22 years. It's a pretty little market town with several attractions (steam railway at 17 miles long, one of the longest in the UK, a funicular railway that joins the low and high areas of town, river Severn walks, Thomas Telford built church and much more). I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in England.
We also have a healthy 27 pubs in the town so you're never short of a watering hole!
We have two main churches in Bridgnorth both interesting for the visitor. St Leonards is an enormous church when compared to the size of the town it serves. It looks medieval but is in fact Victorian gothic. Its site is not dissimilar to that of a cathedral in that it has its own close. The red sandstone material also makes it a very harmonious building.
St Mary's (pictured) was designed by Thomas Telford the great Scottish civil engineer and architect. It is Georgian in style and was built around 200 years ago.
Towns benefit so much by having a river running through them. They make the place more attractive for a start and then people enjoy river activities like fishing, boating or just taking a riverside stroll.
Britains longest river (the Severn) flows through Bridgnorth and is prone to flooding in winter but the benefits it brings far outweighs the odd flood.
- Pros:Nice town in a good location
- Cons:Property is too expensive
About 3 miles west of Bridgnorth on the Much Wenlock road is the tiny village of Morville. It is worth pulling over and... more travel advice
Severn Park is a large park in the Low Town area that is very popular during the summer months especially with day... more travel advice
Andrew_W_K's Related Pages
Bridgnorth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bridgnorth Shropshire"
- "A Great little Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bridgnorth
- Hotels in Bridgnorth
- Transportation in Bridgnorth
- Nightlife in Bridgnorth
- Restaurants in Bridgnorth
- Warnings and Dangers in Bridgnorth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bridgnorth
- 18 Reviews
- 58 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Bridgnorth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bridgnorth
Photos in BridgnorthSee All Photos (58)
Top 10 Pages
- Bridgnorth Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poitiers Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Birmingham Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Chester Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos