"Gloucester" Gloucester by Andrew_W_K
Gloucester Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 246 photos
What an interesting city Gloucester is. Once one of the largest ports in England and yet it's nowhere near the sea, regarded as part of the Cotswolds yet it sits on the plane of the Severn Valley.
Gloucester is never what you expect it to be and yet it remains a fascinating destination for tourists.
Full of unexpected quirks like the Old Father Time clock that sits above Baker's jewellers, a Victorian treasure that lives on for people to enjoy.
The cathedral, once an abbey that was consecrated in 1100 is largely Norman but with some English perendicular... more travel advice
Andrew_W_K's Related Pages
Gloucester Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Glorious Gloucester"
- "Gloucester ~ historic inland port"
- "Gloucester: Jewel of the Cotswolds"
- "National Canal Museum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gloucester
- Hotels in Gloucester
- Transportation in Gloucester
- Restaurants in Gloucester
- Shopping in Gloucester
- Warnings and Dangers in Gloucester
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gloucester
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Gloucester?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gloucester
Photos in GloucesterSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Bridgnorth Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poitiers Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Birmingham Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Chester Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos