"Shropshire's World Heritage Site" Ironbridge by Andrew_W_K
Ironbridge Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 179 photos
On my England page you'll find a tip devoted to Ironbridge gorge and the museums. It is remarkable to think that this bridge was the first iron structure in the world and really kick started the industrial revolution which ultimately made Great Britain, well, er.....Great!
Ironbridge is an interesting and picturesque place to come any time of year and there is plenty to see and do. It's very much a quiet and quaint little backwater now but it was once the technological centre of the world.
This award winning museum contains period buildings from the industrial age that have been carefully taken down and rebuilt on the museum site. There is a pub, a school, a chemist, a smithy etc etc. Well worth a day out!
One of the attractions is the gorge itself. The river Severn (the longest in Britain) flows through the gorge and can be prone to flooding in winter. The whole area makes for a pleasant walk and there are plenty of pubs and cafes to stop at along the way.
There is a lot of debate about whether Ironbridge is truly the scene of the birth of the Industrial Revolution as... more travel advice
Andrew_W_K's Related Pages
Ironbridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ironbridge: Cradle of the Industrial Revolution"
- "Ironbridge - Birthplace of Industry"
- "Ironbridge Gorge"
- "Ironbridge - Jewel in the Midlands"
- "Cast Iron Crossing"
- "Ironbridge...A pretty village."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ironbridge
- Hotels in Ironbridge
- Restaurants in Ironbridge
- Shopping in Ironbridge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ironbridge
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Ironbridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ironbridge
Photos in IronbridgeSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Bridgnorth Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poitiers Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Birmingham Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Chester Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos