"Mevagissey" Mevagissey by Andrew_W_K
Mevagissey Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 98 photos
Mevagissey is everyone's idea of what Cornwall is all about. A quaint little fishing village with a working harbour backed by a hotch potch of even quainter houses and cobbled lanes.
Going there in the quieter month of May before the tourist season is properly underway is exactly how I will remember it but it doesn't take much imagination to realise that in the height of summer it could become a tourist hellhole.
The pubs and cafes seemed overpriced along with the car parks and the access roads are narrow and difficult.
So go between October and May if you want the ideal, picture postcard, quintessential Cornish fishing village.
Andrew_W_K's Related Pages
Mevagissey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mevagissey, Cornwall"
- "Classic Cornish Coastal Village"
- "Mevagissey Harbour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mevagissey
- Hotels in Mevagissey
- Transportation in Mevagissey
- Nightlife in Mevagissey
- Restaurants in Mevagissey
- Shopping in Mevagissey
- Warnings and Dangers in Mevagissey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mevagissey
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Mevagissey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mevagissey
Photos in MevagisseySee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Bridgnorth Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poitiers Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Birmingham Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Chester Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos
Latest Mevagissey hotel reviews
- Wild Air Guest House
- 197 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013