"Newport Shropshire" Newport by Andrew_W_K
Newport Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 16 photos
Newport is an old staging town on the Chester - London route. It has an old church (St Nicholas') that was built during the reign of Henry 1 but much restored by the Victorians.
The high street is very wide and is Newport's most striking feature.
After a fire in 1665 destroyed most of the towns buildings the replacements that stand today are very Georgian in design.
At the top of the high street stands a revolting 1960's building whose only function (that I can see) is to make the town centre look horrible.
Hopefully they will knock it down some day.
Andrew_W_K's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Newport
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Newport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Newport
Top 10 Pages
- Bridgnorth Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poitiers Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Birmingham Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Chester Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos