"Parkgate" Parkgate by Andrew_W_K
Parkgate Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 12 photos
Parkgate is a curious little village half way up the Wirral on the estuary of the river Dee. At some point in the dim and distant past the river came right up to the village and there is a sort of promenade that runs alongside the old course of the river.
Today though, the river is a long way from the village and instead of looking out onto water you look out over acres and acres of marshy grassland out over the estuary and the Welsh hills.
Parkgate makes a nice little trip from somewhere like Chester or Liverpool on a weekend on a sunny evening. The pubs are popular, the ice cream shops busy and there is a general "seaside" feel about the place.
It had been nigh on 30 years between my last two visits and it doesn't seem to have changed a bit.
Andrew_W_K's Related Pages
Parkgate Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Parkgate
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Parkgate?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parkgate
Top 10 Pages
- Bridgnorth Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poitiers Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Birmingham Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Chester Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos