"Richmond" Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond by Andrew_W_K
Richmond Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 108 photos
What a fabulous market town Richmond is: there is an enormous Norman castle that dominates the town, a river complete with a small waterfall, one of the biggest market squares in England and a general "last of the Summer Wine" feeling about the place.
The thing is though, no photograph can capture all of that and looking at the photos from from my visit I'm afraid they just don't do the place justice.
Anyway don't take my word for it - go and have a look for yourself.
The river that runs through Richmond is the river Swale and it cascades over a small waterfall on it's way. This makes for a very scenic and popular beauty spot.
There is a very scenic walk that goes around the castle and offers great views of the river below.
If you take the road out of Richmond sign posted Leyburn and follow it for around 10 miles you'll come to the ruined... more travel advice
Andrew_W_K's Related Pages
Richmond Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Right Yorkshire Gem"
- "Gateway to Swaledale"
- "Richmond on Swale."
- "BIRCHY DRIVES PAST RICHMOND"
- "Richmond - Englands best Georgian town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Richmond
- Hotels in Richmond
- Transportation in Richmond
- Restaurants in Richmond
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Richmond
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Richmond?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Richmond
Photos in RichmondSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Bridgnorth Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poitiers Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Birmingham Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Chester Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos