"Wareham" Wareham by Andrew_W_K
Wareham Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 75 photos
A pleasant and interesting little town that has a rich Saxon history most notably evidenced by the Saxon church of St Martin-on-the-Walls. After defeat by the Normans in 1066 the victors set about building their own churches and cathedrals so most of the Saxon buildings were destroyed.
As well as the Saxon church there are earth ramparts that date from the 9th century.
Inside the church is a wonderful sculpture of TE Lawrence otherwise known as Lawrence of Arabia. He died in 1935 at nearby Bovington in a motorcycle accident.
Andrew_W_K's Related Pages
Wareham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wareham Town,Dorset,England"
- "the place of romance"
- "Childhood memories of Wareham"
- "Chimps in the Drizzle, not Gorillas in the Mist!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wareham
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Wareham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wareham
Top 10 Pages
- Bridgnorth Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poitiers Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Birmingham Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Chester Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos